Tuesday, June 15, 2010

More veg update


These are the first blossoms on the cucumber plants. They are gaining some height also. We had to water Sunday evening, but this evening got a so-so shower.


The beans have really taken off, with lots of flowers. We strung line for them to grab onto, but I am worried they are going to overwhelm what we came up with. We spent a good deal of time on Sunday evening weeding.



This is one of six cabbage plants. We harvested one and enjoyed it. I grabbed the rest today. I split most of them in half and put them in bags and took them to my co-workers at the office. I kept a couple for us. The slugs got after them, but after peeling off just a few leaves, one got to nice plants. We tried putting a bowl of beer next to their row, but that didn't seem to help much (we didn't try to put beer next to each plant, which would probably have been the best methodology.) The split heads looked very nice.
I harvested blueberries off two bushes this morning. We're planning on blueberry pancakes in the morning!

No comments: