Thursday, February 8, 2007

Yeah, that's a Duke flag


We had complaints from neighbors who wondered just what sort of church I was actually working for! But it's Duke University; the Blue Devils. And even though they got their butts kicked around Coach K court last night by Carolina (hiss), we still love them. Libby is the grad; I graduated from Guilford College in Greensboro. So feel free to buy your own flag, hang it at your front stoop, take a picture of it and then put it on the web. But for now: HAH!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

But Eli's still aWahoo fan, right?

Mike Barker said...

Eli is going to need some serious re-programming in the future. Libby and I were both excited to come back home to NC after the 16 year sojourn up north. Poor Eli was born in VA, though, and has a strong affinity for all things Virginia, including HooVA. Luckily Briggs' corruption is superficial: show him a bouncy ball and he'll cheer for anything!

Anonymous said...

I'd complain too if I was your neighbor. Go Wolfpack! We are thoroughly enjoying catching up on the Barker family, compliments of the Crestwood evening book group e-mail that included a link to your site.

Mike Barker said...

All those years living in Richmond, suffering the pettiness of the UVA vs. Tech rivalry, and now a fellow North Carolinian stabs us like this! When it came down to it, though, it was not possible for me to pull for UNC in the Final Four. I was pulling for the Gators. I finally saw a Duke tag frame yesterday here in town. Carolina fever runs rampant in these hills. Tomorrow's another year, or something like that! And remember, my dad graduated from State, so the Pack is near and dear to us also.