Wednesday, April 1, 2020

March and April 2020


It's hard to believe it's been more than a year since my last post. And hard to believe I'll break the dry spell with this!

Covid-19 is all about. The boys have been out of school for a couple of weeks, with at least a couple more to go. They have been good about keeping themselves occupied. Schoolwork via remote hookup has been part of that. A couple of days ago I remembered that I had some spare fence posts lying around to work on the fence between us and the Griffiths. I replaced a couple a few years ago. I rented a digger then, which was kind of pricey. However, Briggs has gotten to the point he could easily dig the holes with a manual post hole digger, so I set him up for a trial run. Dottie Allen was out there almost immediately checking in on everything! She said she could not remember the posts ever having been changed in the 35+ years she's lived in her house. The first one kind of leaned, mostly due to the way the fence was placed. His second one was very nicely done. He did a couple more the next day. The hardest part is removing the nails holding the fence material to the old posts. He's used a couple of different tools. On one of the holes we got a little ahead of ourselves when backfilling the new post. We managed to shovel/rake a cheap flathead screwdriver into the hole along with the dirt. Neither of us was interested in re-digging to get it. Archeologists in ages to come will spends hours wondering "why."


I think the immediacy of Facebook has sapped my interest in writing in the blog format. Every now and then though I get an urge to write up something. Of late it's felt like too much hassle to use this form, but in the age of corona-virus in 2020, I have the time.

No comments: