Thursday, April 16, 2015

Wildfire

The big news around here happened at the very end of the month. A homeowner burned some debris on Monday evening. On Tuesday a wildfire broke out, supposedly as a result of blowing embers. Whatever, the fire raged in the woods in Ridgecrest, about a mile from us. I saw the smoke from church as I sent the younger brothers home with my mom. Libby got a couple of photos later in the evening. Ultimately the fire burned about 750 acres, one home totally, with a handful of others getting some fire damage. The second photo is a couple of days after the fire was out, right outside our house, looking northwest between Ridgecrest and Montreat.



Libby was in California for a work-related event for a few days in February. She got a couple of cool plane pictures for the boys. She was in Newport Beach, and went to the shore and got videos of a whale cavorting in the surf.



On March 14 I celebrated Pi Day by making a quiche for breakfast, and a spaghetti pie for lunch. The plan was for chicken pot pie for supper, but I was pied-out. I did manage to make my 4th pie, a dessert buttermilk pie to end the day. We had the 3rd pie a day later for supper.





No comments: