Sunday, May 25, 2008

Arrow of Light


Eli earned his Arrow of Light for Webelos Scouts last week. It's the highest and last step in Webelos. The Arrow of Light patch is the only Cub Scouting insignia that can be worn on the Boy Scout uniform. Eli worked really hard to earn the extra steps required to make Arrow of Light, on top of being a Webelos Scout. Pop-pop and Mammy came up for the ceremony.


A couple of years ago when I was a den leader in Richmond, I asked dad to come up and talk about Scouting from his perspective (he's been involved in one way or another for more than 50 years). I billed it to the boys in my den as a visit with the "oldest living Scout!" Maybe not the kindest appellation, but heart-felt indeed. The nickname stuck. The is my dad and my son at the recent ceremony.

No comments: