Saturday, July 29, 2017

Calvin worship symposium


This was the 2nd year I had been to the worship symposium at Calvin College in Michigan. It's a really good event: lots of student groups are present giving a youthy vibe to everything. It's also a very large event on a rather small campus, so it get a little crowded sometimes. While I've enjoyed the event both times I've attended, I'll probably try for something different in 2018. This year the trip back was a nightmare. It began with a damaged window on the plane I was supposed to fly GR-ATL. I was delayed, missed connections, and then Delta had a massive tech incident which brought everything to a halt. I finally crawled into bed at home at 530am! I had to drive from AVL in snow! An international travel ban was put in effect while I was in GRR; there was a protest at the airport while I was awaiting my later flight. They disrupted car traffic but nothing in the airport was really affected. Eli was going to be heading out for AmeriCorps a few days after I returned, and he had lots of questions about air travel, so I took lots of pictures for him




No comments: